- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 1 head leaf lettuce – rinsed, dried and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 head romaine lettuce – rinsed, dried, and torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 avocado – pitted, peeled, and cubed
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
Stir together water and sugar in a skillet over medium heat. Add the slivered almonds, toss to coat, and cook and stir until the almonds are brown. Remove from heat.
Sign up now and get up to
In a large bowl, gently toss together the almonds, lettuce, avocado, orange segments and onion, and set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, honey, salt, vinegar, mustard and poppy seeds. Pour over the salad mixture and toss to coat.