- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder (such as McCormick California Style)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard (such as Hellmann’s)
- 8 pounds pork shoulder roast (butt roast), rind removed
- 1/2 cup barbeque sauce, or to taste
- 18 large hamburger buns, split
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
Sign up now and get up to
Mix brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt in a bowl. Spread mustard over pork roast and sprinkle with brown sugar mixture, using the entire amount. Line a shallow baking dish with aluminum foil. Place a rack in the prepared baking dish and arrange pork roast on rack.
Bake in the preheated oven until very tender, 9 to 11 hours. Let pork cool, then shred into bite-size pieces. Stir barbeque sauce into pork to moisten; serve with hamburger buns.