- 2 cucumbers – peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 pinch salt, or as needed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup crushed pistachios, or to taste
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons low-fat Greek-style yogurt, or to taste
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 small tomatoes, quartered
Place cucumbers in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Set aside until water is drawn out of cucumbers, about 30 minutes.
Sign up now and get up to
Pat cucumbers dry to remove excess salt. Mix cucumbers, onion, pistachios, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, black pepper, and cayenne pepper in a bowl; stir in yogurt.
Garnish a serving bowl with lettuce leaves; pour cucumber mixture into middle of the bowl. Surround cucumber mixture with tomatoes. Refrigerate for flavors to blend, at least 30 minutes.