- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup oyster sauce
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 100 lumpia wrappers (egg roll wrappers)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
Mix beef, pork, onion, carrots, water chestnuts, garlic, 1 egg, oyster sauce, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl until well blended.
Sign up now and get up to
Place about 1 tablespoon beef-pork mixture on an egg roll wrapper with one corner facing you. Fold corner closest to you over filling; fold two side corners toward center and continue rolling wrapper tightly around meat. Brush a small amount of beaten egg over the top corner and press to seal. Repeat with remaining filling and wrappers. Store rolls in a covered container.
Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Fry rolls in batches until golden brown, about 7 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Serve immediately.