- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna in water, drained
- 1 large ripe tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons canned sliced jalapeno peppers with juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped broccoli
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons seasoned croutons
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
Mix tuna, diced tomato, jalapeno with liquid, broccoli, pesto, garlic, chives, and cayenne pepper in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix well and top with seasoned croutons.
Sign up now and get up to
Assemble sandwiches by layering lettuce leaves, sliced tomato, and tuna mixture between sliced bread.