- 2 pounds sirloin steak, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness and cut into 1 x 1 1/2-inch strips
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups canned sliced mushrooms
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 cups hot cooked noodles
Mix steak and red wine together in a bowl; set aside to marinate for 15 to 30 minutes.
Sign up now and get up to
Combine flour, salt, paprika, and black pepper together in a resealable plastic bag. Remove steak from marinade, reserving red wine for later use; add steak to flour mixture and shake to coat.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir steak, onion, and garlic until steak is browned and onion is softened and translucent, 10 to 15 minutes.
Stir mushrooms, beef broth, water, reserved red wine marinade, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes, and mustard into steak mixture until well mixed; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover skillet, and simmer until steak is very tender, about 1 hour.
Stir cream cheese and sour cream into steak mixture; cook and stir until warmed, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve over cooked noodles.