- 1 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup white wine, or as needed
- 1/4 cup honey, or as needed
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 cups dates – pitted and cut lengthwise to the center
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup honey, warmed
- 1/2 cup slivered, toasted almonds
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking dish.
Sign up now and get up to
Soak pine nuts in a bowl with white wine and 1/4 cup honey to infuse flavor, at least 30 minutes. Drain.
Mix Gorgonzola cheese and pine nuts together in a bowl. Spread dates open slightly; season the inside of each date with black pepper. Spoon Gorgonzola mixture into each date. Season the outside of each date with salt.
Arrange stuffed dates in a baking dish. Cover with 1 cup honey.
Bake in the preheated oven until warmed, about 10 minutes. Transfer cooked dates to a serving platter. Garnish with almonds.