- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 (5.6 ounce) package Knorr Rice Sides – Chicken
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Heat oil over medium-high heat in a non-stick skillet. Add chicken; cook and stir until cooked through (no longer pink in the center). Transfer chicken to a bowl.
Sign up now and get up to
Stir diced onion, carrot, and celery into the pan; cook, stirring occasionally until vegetables start to soften, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in water and Knorr(R) Rice Sides(TM) – Chicken flavor. Bring to a simmer over high heat; reduce to medium-low; cover and simmer 7 minutes.
Stir in cooked chicken, basil, and shredded Cheddar cheese.