- 1 (12 ounce) package penne pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 ounces mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces fresh basil
- 12 large black olives, halved
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water as directed on package, until just tender. Drain, and set aside.
Sign up now and get up to
Heat olive oil in a small saucepan. Add green onions and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 or 3 minutes. Stir in garlic, and cook for 2 minutes. Add pasta, tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Cook over low heat to warm through. Stir in mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Coarsely tear basil leaves in halves or thirds; add to pasta with olives, and serve immediately.