- 1 1/2 cups zucchini – peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Boil zucchini until tender. Drain and let stand in cold water for about 5 minutes, then drain.
Sign up now and get up to
Put the zucchini, evaporated milk, sugar, egg, margarine, flour, vanilla and salt into a blender and blend until smooth.
Pour into unbaked pie shell. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg. Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) and bake until set.