- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup white sugar, or to taste
- 7 tablespoons hot pepper sauce (such as Frank’s RedHot), or to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2/3 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 3 3/4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 orange, peel and pith removed, chopped
- 2 pounds chicken wings and drummettes
Bring water, vinegar, sugar, hot pepper sauce, and crushed red pepper flakes to a boil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat.
Sign up now and get up to
Whisk yellow mustard and ketchup into the sauce.
Stir in the orange. Bring sauce back to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until thickened, 2 to 4 hours.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Arrange the chicken wings in a large baking dish.
Bake in the preheated oven until the wings are browned and no longer pink inside, 30 to 45 minutes.
Stir the baked wings into the sauce to serve.