- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 pound baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, ends and strings removed
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
Toss chicken breasts, limeade, and pepper in a bowl. Cook the chicken breasts in a skillet until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 8 minutes. Remove skillet from the heat and set aside.
Sign up now and get up to
Combine sugar, vinegar, salt, mustard, and onion in a blender. Process for about 20 seconds. With the blender on high speed, gradually add oil in a slow and steady stream. Stir in poppy seeds.
Arrange spinach on 4 salad plates and top with strawberries, peas, pecans, and the cooked chicken. Serve with the poppy seed dressing.