- 1 butternut squash, halved and seeded
- 1 acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Ground cinnamon to taste (optional)
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place the squash halves cut side down in a baking dish. Bake 45 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat, and cool slightly. Scoop the pulp from the skins. Discard skins.
Sign up now and get up to
Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the onion until tender.
In a blender or food processor, blend the squash pulp, onion, broth, brown sugar, cream cheese, pepper, and cinnamon until smooth. This may be done in several batches.
Transfer the soup to a pot over medium heat, and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Garnish with parsley, and serve warm.