- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 green onions, minced
- 3 cloves roasted garlic, mashed
- 1/4 cup mirin (Japanese sweet wine)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon Asian (toasted) sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
Cook and stir sesame seeds in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat until they are fragrant and toasted, about 2 minutes. Transfer immediately into a small bowl and let cool.
Sign up now and get up to
Mix ground beef, green onions, roasted garlic, mirin wine, soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, black pepper, salt, and toasted sesame seeds together in a large bowl until thoroughly combined. Divide the meat mixture into 8 portions and form each portion into a large beef patty about 1/2 inch thick.
Pan-fry the burgers in a large skillet over medium-low heat until browned and the meat is no longer pink inside, about 8 minutes per side. An instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the center of the burgers should read at least 145 degrees F (65 degrees F).