- 1/2 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 ounces dry fettuccine pasta
- 1 (1 ounce) slice prosciutto, cut into thin strips
Combine the asparagus, peas, and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Cover the saucepan and cook until the vegetables are beginning to become tender, yet retain some crispness, about 5 minutes; drain any remaining liquid and set the vegetables aside.
Sign up now and get up to
Melt the butter in the saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir the flour into the butter until combined, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the milk, raise heat to medium and cook, whisking frequently, until the mixture thickens, another 2 to 3 minutes. Stir the garlic powder and Parmesan cheese into the sauce; season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook the fettuccine in the boiling water until the pasta is cooked yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes; drain and return the fettuccine to the pot. Stir the vegetables, the sauce, and the prosciutto into the fettuccine.