- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup peeled and sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 1 cup sliced leeks (optional)
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 pounds sliced fresh brown or white mushrooms
- 6 cups chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
Melt the butter in a stock pot over medium heat. Add carrots, onions, leeks, and celery. Cook and stir until tender, but not browned, about 10 minutes. Stir in thyme and mushrooms, and continue cooking until mushrooms are soft, about 5 minutes.
Sign up now and get up to
Pour chicken stock into the pot, and season with salt and pepper. Cover, and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes. Ladle into bowls, and serve with green onions sprinkled on the top.