- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups pureed ripe bananas
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
Sign up now and get up to
In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until thoroughly blended. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and add the bananas, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and vanilla extract. Stir in the flour by hand until barely combined, and gently fold the macadamia nuts into the batter.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and bake on the oven's middle shelf until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean, 60 to 65 minutes.
Remove from oven, and let the loaf rest for 10 minutes before turning out from the pan.