- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup rinsed and drained canned black beans
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste (optional)
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (optional)
- 1/4 cup salsa, or to taste (optional)
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms and onions until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Add black beans, cilantro, salt, and pepper; saute until mushrooms and onions are lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes more.
Sign up now and get up to
Place tortillas in a clean, dry skillet. Evenly distribute mushroom mixture onto 1 half of each tortilla. Top filling with mozzarella cheese and lime juice; fold each tortilla over filling. Turn burner to medium heat and cook until quesadillas are browned and crispy, about 2 minutes per side. Cut into wedges and serve with salsa.