- 2 eggplants, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, or more if needed
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 6 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 1/2 (10 ounce) basket grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
Sign up now and get up to
Place eggplant, cut-side up, on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle garlic over each and coat with olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
Bake in the preheated oven until eggplant is mostly tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Add chicken, tomatoes, and Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese to each eggplant. Continue cooking in the oven until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Top each with scallions and basil.