- 4 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided, or as needed
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 poblano chile, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup mild enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place tortillas on baking sheet covered with foil; lightly brush each with olive oil, and prick all over with fork.
Sign up now and get up to
Bake tortillas in the preheated oven until they are puffed and golden, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool on cooling rack.
Heat remaining olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, poblano chile, and red bell pepper; cook and stir until onions are translucent and lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in black beans, corn, garlic, oregano, and salt; cook and stir until mixture is heated through, about 5 minutes.
Return tortillas to the foil-lined baking sheet in a single layer; spoon 1 tablespoon enchilada sauce over each tortilla. Top with 1/4 of the black bean and corn mixture and 1/4 of the shredded Mexican cheese.
Bake pizzadillas in the preheated oven until cheese has melted, 5 to 6 minutes.
Remove pizzadillas from oven; top each with sour cream, queso fresco, and cilantro. Add a dash of hot pepper sauce to each slice.