- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, or as needed
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into chunks
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
Whisk flour, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper together in a shallow bowl. Gently press chicken pieces into flour mixture to coat and shake off any excess flour.
Sign up now and get up to
Heat butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir chicken and shallot in melted butter until shallot is softened and chicken is cooked through, 5 to 10 minutes.
Pour white wine into the skillet and bring to a boil while scraping the browned bits of food off of the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
Stir tomatoes and lemon juice into chicken mixture; simmer for 2 minutes, pour in cream. Bring mixture to a boil and cook to reduce liquid to a thicker consistency, 5 to 10 minutes more. Remove skillet from heat and stir in tarragon.