- 4 pounds beef brisket
- 4 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 onion, cut into large chunks
- 2 stalks celery, cut into large chunks
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1/2 small head cabbage, cored and cut into large chunks
Place brisket, fat-side up, in the bottom of a Dutch oven. Stir in water, coconut milk, tomato paste, fish sauce, red curry paste, coriander, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil and skim off any foam that accumulates.
Sign up now and get up to
Stir in onion, celery, and carrots. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 3 hours, turning once.
Stir in potatoes and cabbage; cook until potatoes are tender and cabbage is soft and sweet, about 35 minutes. Transfer beef to a plate; thinly slice across the grain. Ladle potato cabbage mixture into bowls and top with sliced beef.