- 4 (1 inch thick) pork chops
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 2 tablespoons chicken soup base
- 1 (20 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Season pork chops with salt and pepper, and then brown them in the hot skillet. Remove from heat.
Sign up now and get up to
Spray the inside surface of a slow cooker with cooking spray. Arrange sliced onions in the bottom, and place pork chops on top of onions. Sprinkle with chicken base, and top with apple pie filling. Cook on Low for 5 to 6 hours, adding sweet potatoes during the last 1 1/2 hours of cooking.