- 2 pounds pork shoulder roast, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
Season pork with the rosemary, thyme, pepper, and salt. Heat oil in a large large Dutch over over medium-high heat. Sear pork in the hot oil until well browned on all sides, about 10 minutes.
Sign up now and get up to
Stir onion and carrot into pot; cook until onion is soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Pour in the wine; stir, scraping the bottom of the pot to release any browned bits from the bottom. Stir in the tomatoes and stock. Bring to a simmer; cook until meat is very tender and the sauce has thickened, about 30 minutes.