- 4 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 12 ounces prepared pound cake, cubed
- 12 sprigs fresh mint
Rinse strawberries with cool water to clean and then pat dry to absorb excess water. Remove strawberry stems and set aside 12 for later use.
Sign up now and get up to
In a large bowl, combine remaining strawberries, whipped topping, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla and sugar. With an electric mixer, mix on low speed for 5 to 7 minutes or until sugar has dissolved completely and mixture is smooth. Add sour cream and mix 1 minute. Place in refrigerator to chill.
Toast pound cake cubes under broiler for approximately 6 minutes, turning once to brown both sides.
Serve soup in chilled bowls and garnish with whole strawberries, pound cake croutons and fresh mint sprigs.