- 1 pound beef stew meat
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped Spanish onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped red potatoes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) jar sofrito
- 1/2 cup pitted and halved green olives
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Cook beef in hot skillet until completely browned, about 5 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Transfer beef to a slow cooker, retaining some of the beef drippings in the skillet.
Sign up now and get up to
Return skillet to heat and heat the retained drippings. Saute onion and garlic in hot drippings until softened, about 5 minutes; add to beef in slow cooker.
Stir potatoes, diced tomatoes, sofrito, and olives into the beef mixture.
Cook on Low until beef and potatoes are fork-tender, 4 to 5 hours.