- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 zucchini, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 Anaheim chile peppers, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, or more to taste
- Water, to cover
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce (optional)
Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Crumble ground beef into the skillet; cook and stir until the beef is completely browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard any excess grease.
Sign up now and get up to
Stir zucchini, potatoes, Anaheim chile peppers, onion, bay leaves, beef bouillon granules, salt, and black pepper into the ground beef. Pour enough water over the mixture to cover by 2 to 3 inches. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium-low heat; cook at a simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
Whisk 1/3 cup water and cornstarch together in a small bowl. Slowly pour the cornstarch slurry into the stew while stirring. Continue cooking until thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir Worcestershire sauce into the stew; season with salt and black pepper.