- 1 tablespoon garlic-flavored olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 16 sea scallops, dried well
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup dry vermouth
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes (optional)
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; melt butter in the hot oil. Arrange scallops in the skillet, leaving space between each, and season with onion powder, sea salt, and black pepper. Cook scallops until lightly browned, about 4 minutes per side.
Sign up now and get up to
Turn heat up to high and add vermouth, capers, and red pepper flakes to the skillet. Shake the pan to flip scallops and distribute capers and red pepper flakes. Cook until scallops are golden brown, glazed, and the vermouth has nearly evaporated, 5 to 8 minutes.