- 1 cup beer
- 1 pound extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
Pour beer into a bowl and whisk until beer loses its carbonation, about 30 seconds. Set aside.
Sign up now and get up to
Place shredded cheese into the work bowl of a food processor; add garlic, dry mustard powder, black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, salt, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and flat beer.
Process until smooth and creamy, pulsing a few times, scraping the sides, and blending for about 2 total minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning. If adding more seasoning, pulse a few times to mix.
Transfer cheese spread to a bowl and sprinkle with a pinch of cayenne pepper. Spread tastes best when refrigerated overnight to blend flavors, but it can be served right away if needed.