- 8 cups water
- 3 cups chopped leeks (white and light green parts only)
- 4 Yukon Gold potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sea salt, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 cup 1 milk, or to taste (optional)
- 10 drops hot sauce (such as Goya Salsa Picante), or to taste
Combine water, leeks, potatoes, salt, and black pepper in a large saucepan; bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low, partially cover saucepan, and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 1 hour.
Sign up now and get up to
Blend soup using an immersion blender until smooth. Season with more salt and pepper as needed. Stir in milk and hot sauce before serving.