- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder, preferably roasted
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (5 pound) beef chuck roast, patted dry with paper towels
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
In a blender, pour the beef broth, soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce; add garlic, garlic powder, basil, parsley, and black pepper. Cover blender, and pulse a few times, then blend thoroughly, about 20 seconds.
Sign up now and get up to
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the vegetable oil until tiny wisps of smoke rise, then brown the roast on all sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Place the roast into a slow cooker. Pour the beef broth mixture from the blender over the roast, set the cooker to Medium, and cover.
Cook until very tender, 5 to 6 hours; add the carrots, recover the cooker, and cook for 10 more minutes; then mix in the macaroni. Cover the cooker, and simmer until macaroni and carrots are tender, about 20 more minutes. Slice beef, and serve with macaroni, carrots, and sauce.