- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cups cubed, fully cooked ham
- 4 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 ounces shredded hot pepper Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 ounces shredded sharp white Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup milk, or more as needed
- 4 Italian plum tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 6 ounces shredded sharp white Cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
Sign up now and get up to
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes. Drain.
Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook and stir onion, garlic, and green bell pepper in melted butter until tender, about 5 minutes.
Stir cooked macaroni, ham, Monterey Jack cheese, hot pepper Jack cheese, and 2 ounces sharp white Cheddar cheese into onion mixture until well blended.
Gently stir milk into mixture until casserole is creamy, adding additional milk if needed.
Stir tomato wedges into casserole. Top with 6 ounces sharp white Cheddar cheese.
Bake casserole in the preheated oven until cheese is bubbling and browned on top, about 20 minutes.