- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup apple brandy, such as Calvados
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
Combine flour and seasoned salt in a wide, shallow dish. Coat the chicken breasts in the seasoned flour. Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken in the butter, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer chicken to a plate and tent with foil.
Sign up now and get up to
Combine the onions, mushrooms, and apples in the skillet. Cook and stir until the apples are just tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the brandy, thyme, salt, and pepper; bring to a simmer. Return chicken to the pan; cook, uncovered, about 10 minutes. Stir in cream, and simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes.