- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 cups thinly sliced apples
- 1 (2.5 ounce) package caramel apple circle
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Roll out pastry and set aside.
In a large bowl, blend cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
Sign up now and get up to
In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and flour. Mix well. Add apples to cream cheese mixture and stir until apples are evenly coated. Add brown sugar mixture to apple mixture gradually, stirring after each addition.
Pour half of apple mixture into pastry-lined pie plate. Place caramel circle over top, then pour in remaining apple mixture. Cover with second pastry. Seal edges and cut steam vent in top. Sprinkle with coarse/turbinado sugar. Place pie on baking sheet covered with aluminum foil.
Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. If you notice overbrowning after 25 minutes, reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).