- 3 cups peeled and mashed baked potatoes
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground multi-colored peppercorns
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 cups extra-virgin olive oil, or as need for frying
Pour potatoes, onion, garlic, salt, ground peppercorns, flour, and eggs into a bowl, respectively. Fold mixture together with a rubber spatula until ingredients are well coated with egg and garlic, salt, and pepper are evenly mixed throughout. Break up any large potato chunks.
Sign up now and get up to
Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large skillet to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Form latke dough into baseball-size balls and flatten into 1-inch thick rounds.
Working in batches, place latkes in hot oil and cook until edges are a rich brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Flip latkes using a slotted spoon and cook until crisp and golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes more. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to cool.