- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 (12 ounce) can Spam Classic or other variety, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds Swiss chard – washed, dried, stems removed, leaves roughly chopped
- 2 slices bread, preferably slightly stale
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
Sign up now and get up to
Heat olive oil in an oven-proof 12-inch skillet over medium heat; stir in Spam(r) Classic and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, 6 to 8 minutes.
Stir garlic into skillet; cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes more. Stir Swiss chard into skillet; cook until wilted, 5 to 10 minutes.
Tear bread into chunks; process in food processor until the size of breadcrumbs.
Top Swiss chard mixture with shredded Swiss cheese, then top with breadcrumbs; drizzle olive oil over the top.
Place skillet under broiler until breadcrumbs start to brown, about 2 minutes.