- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, stems removed and leaves minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can red beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Heat oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add onions; cook and stir until soft and translucent, about 10 minutes. Stir in cilantro, garlic, cinnamon, coriander, and cumin; cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Pour in tomato sauce. Reduce heat to low; simmer sauce until flavors combine, about 10 minutes.
Sign up now and get up to
Stir beans into sauce. Cover skillet and simmer until beans are heated through, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Cool to room temperature before serving, about 30 minutes.