- 4 (4 ounce) fillets barramundi (Asian sea bass)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or as needed
- Crumb Topping:
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- Lemon-Butter-Basil Sauce:
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, or to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Sign up now and get up to
Brush fish with olive oil.
Mix bread crumbs, seafood seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, lemon zest, and thyme together in a bowl. Press fish in bread crumb mixture to coat all sides. Arrange coated fish on a baking sheet.
Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Flip fish and continue baking until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10 minutes more.
Stir butter, lemon juice, white wine, and basil together in a bowl; drizzle over cooked fish.