- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon coffee-flavored liqueur (such as Kahlua)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup ice cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon whipped cream for garnish (optional)
- 1 pinch unsweetened cocoa powder for dusting (optional)
Whisk eggs, sugar, coffee-flavored liqueur, instant coffee, and 1 teaspoon cocoa powder together in a metal bowl.
Sign up now and get up to
Place bowl over low heat on the stove (holding bowl with a dishtowel) and continue whisking until mixture thickens, 4 to 6 minutes. Whisk continually to prevent eggs from scrambling. Remove bowl from heat and let mixture cool completely. (You can set the bowl on ice water to speed this up. )
Whisk ice-cold heavy cream and sugar together in a chilled bowl until stiff peaks form, 3 to 4 minutes. Add cooled egg-coffee mixture to the whipped cream. Stir with a spatula until just combined.
Transfer mixture to serving cups. Wrap cups in plastic wrap and freeze until firm, 8 hours or overnight. Garnish with whipped cream and a dusting of cocoa powder.