- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cubes beef bouillon
- 6 cups hot water
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen sliced okra
- 4 cups shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dry crab boil
- 2 pounds catfish fillets, cut into 1 inch pieces
Warm oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic. Cook until soft, about 10 minutes.
Sign up now and get up to
Dissolve bouillon cubes in hot water. Pour into skillet. Stir tomatoes, okra, and shrimp into skillet. Season with salt, cayenne pepper, thyme, bay leaves, and crab boil. Bring to a boil; cover, and simmer 30 minutes.
Place fish in skillet, return to boil; cover, and simmer 15 minutes more. Remove bay leaves, and serve.