- 3 cloves garlic, lightly crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 head cauliflower, cored and separated into florets
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (14 ounce) package spaghetti
- 1/2 cup fine dried bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for garnishing
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
Cook and stir garlic cloves and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large pot over medium heat until lightly browned and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Add cauliflower, water, Italian herbs, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper to taste. Bring water to a boil, cover, and cook until cauliflower is tender, about 10 minutes.
Sign up now and get up to
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large serving bowl.
Meanwhile, combine bread crumbs, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir until cheese has melted and mixture is browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off heat, sprinkle with salt to taste, and mix in basil; set aside.
Add cream to cauliflower mixture and puree in the pot with a stick blender until smooth and creamy. Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese until melted; season with freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Mix in lemon juice with spaghetti and stir in Alfredo sauce to coat pasta. Serve topped with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and the seasoned bread crumb mixture.