- 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix (such as Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe)
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 4 eggs, divided
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Mexican vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup miniature chocolate chips, or more to taste, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) container cream cheese frosting
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
Sign up now and get up to
Combine cake mix, water, 3 eggs, and oil together in a bowl using an electric mixer until batter is smooth, about 2 minutes. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups.
Blend cream cheese, sugar, 1 egg, and vanilla extract together in a blender until cheesecake filling is smooth; stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Spoon about 1 tablespoon cheesecake filling into each cupcake.
Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Cool cupcakes on a wire rack.
Frost each cupcake with cream cheese frosting and sprinkle remaining chocolate chips over each cupcake.