- 1/2 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle dark beer
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, cut into slivers
- 3 whole cloves, or to taste
- 1 (3 pound) round-cut corned beef roast with spice packet
- 1 (16 ounce) package carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) package small red potatoes
- 1 head green cabbage, cored and cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon butter, or to taste
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
Pour beer into a roasting pan and add contents of corned beef seasoning packet, dry mustard, salt, and black pepper to the beer. Stir to combine. Use a sharp knife to pierce corned beef all over; insert garlic slivers into holes. Push whole cloves into meat. Lay the corned beef into the roasting pan.
Sign up now and get up to
Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour; scatter carrots around corned beef and roast for about 1 1/2 hour more. Distribute red potatoes around the meat and roast until corned beef and vegetables are tender, about 40 minutes more.
Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add cabbage wedges, cover, and steam until tender, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a platter and season with salt and black pepper. Let butter melt over the hot cabbage. Cut visible fat from corned beef and serve with cabbage, carrots, and potatoes.