- 1 teaspoon chile oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup red quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle pepper powder, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels (optional)
Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and garlic in hot oil until lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes; add chopped red pepper and continue to cook and stir until slightly tender, 1 to 2 minutes.
Sign up now and get up to
Stir quinoa with the onion mixture. Pour vegetable broth into the saucepan; season with chipotle pepper powder and cayenne pepper. Bring the broth to a boil. Cover the saucepan, reduce heat to low, and simmer until the quinoa is tender, about 20 minutes.
Stir black beans and corn into the quinoa mixture; simmer until the beans and corn are heated through, about 5 minutes more.