- 4 bunches fresh small beets, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 medium heads Belgian endive
- 1 pound spring lettuce mix
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Coat beets lightly with oil and roast for approximately 45 minutes, or until tender. Allow to cool thoroughly, then peel and dice.
Sign up now and get up to
For the dressing, place lemon, vinegar, honey, mustard, and thyme in a blender. While blender is running, gradually add 1/2 cup of oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place spring lettuce mix in a salad bowl, pour desired amount of dressing over greens, and toss to coat.
Rinse endive, tear off whole leaves, and pat dry. Arrange 3 leaves on each plate. Divide dressed salad greens among them, and top with diced beets and feta cheese.