- 2 tablespoons butter, or as needed
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, or as needed
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 1/2 pound shredded cooked chicken, or more to taste
Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute mushrooms and onions in hot butter until soft and caramelized, about 5 minutes.
Sign up now and get up to
Pour 1/2 cup chicken stock into the skillet and bring to a boil while scraping the browned bits of food off of the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
Gradually stir flour into mushroom mixture; cook and stir until light golden brown, about 30 seconds. Add remaining chicken stock to mushroom mixture; simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
Stir yogurt into sauce; add cream cheese and stir until cheese melts and sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir chicken into sauce and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes more.