- 2 pounds extra-lean (94) ground beef
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 5 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt (such as Lawry’s), or to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley, or to taste
Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes.
Sign up now and get up to
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir celery, mushrooms, onion, and bell pepper in hot butter until soft, 5 to 7 minutes. ; add to the ground beef.
Stir whole tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, garlic, sugar, oregano, seasoned salt, Italian seasoning, and parsley into the beef and vegetable mixture; bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring frequently, until the sauce is thick and well-seasoned, 2 to 3 hours.