- 8 ounces medium width rice vermicelli noodles
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 pound ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound peeled, deveined raw shrimp
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated gingerroot
- 1/2 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Heinz Tomato Ketchup
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1/2 cups bean sprouts
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander or parsley leaves
- Chopped peanuts
Cover noodles with boiling water and let stand for 5 minutes; drain well and reserve.
Sign up now and get up to
Heat half the oil in a wok or deep skillet set over high heat. Crumble in chicken and add hot sauce; stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes or until browned. Reserve on a platter.
Add remaining oil and peppers to pan; stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add shrimp and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Stir in garlic, ginger, broth, ketchup, lime juice, sugar and fish sauce. Bring to a boil. Add noodles and reserved meat; toss mixture to combine. Heat through.
Add sprouts and toss gently. Sprinkle with onions, coriander and peanuts.