- 1 teaspoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon minced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated carrot
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (5 ounce) can Bumble Bee Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water, drained and chunked
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sriracha chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 large fresh eggs
- 1 English muffin, split and toasted
- Chopped cilantro
- Black sesame seeds (optional)
Place the red onion, red bell pepper, peas, ginger, carrots, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir together, and then fold in the tuna.
Sign up now and get up to
In a small bowl, whisk the sesame oil, rice vinegar, lime juice, and Sriracha(R). Pour over the tuna mixture and toss gently, trying not to break up the tuna.
Add a tablespoon of vinegar to a pan of lightly-salted water and bring it to a gentle simmer, not a hard boil (you'll see little bubbles in the pan). Crack each egg into a ramekin. Stir the water in a wide circle (like a whirlpool), and then slide in the egg; repeat for the second egg. Poach the eggs at a simmer for 4-5 minutes for soft yolks. Remove the poached eggs with a slotted spoon to a paper towel and allow to drain.
To serve, top half of an English muffin with half of the tuna mixture, place a poached egg on top, and then sprinkle with the chopped cilantro and black sesame seeds.