- 1 (12 ounce) loaf French bread
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 (8 ounce) container reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 (1.25 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 tomato, sliced (optional)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella and Cheddar cheese blend
Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
Split French bread lengthwise and tear out the soft bread from interior of loaf to hollow out; reserve bread pieces for another use.
Sign up now and get up to
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef and celery in the hot skillet until beef is browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease.
Stir sour cream and soup mix into beef mixture; cook until heated through, about 3 minutes. Fill prepared bread with mixture; lay tomato slices over meat, sprinkle evenly with cheese blend, and place filled bread on a baking sheet.
Broil until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 3 minutes.